5 Sprays Cooking Spray, calorie controlled
3 medium eggs, whole
100g caster sugar
100g plain flour
200g low fat soft cheese (I used Philly lightest)
Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
3 heaped teaspoons icing sugar
2 level tablespoons lemon curd, mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water
sliced lemon (to decorate)
6 Servings = 6PP/ea
8 Servings = 5PP/ea
• Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220ºc/420ºF.
• Mist two 18cm (7inch) sandwich tine with low fat cooking spray.
• Using a handheld electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until very pale and light in texture - this will take about 5 minutes. To check that the mixture is thick enough, lift up the beaters (switched off!) - they should leave a trail for a few seconds.
• Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it through lightly but thoroughly, using a large metal spoon. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and level the tops.
• Bake the cakes for 8-9 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and turn them out onto a cooling rack. Cover with a clean damp tea towel and leave until completely cold.
• Mix together the low fat soft cheese, lemon zest and icing sugar. Spread half the mixture over the surface of one sponge, then spread the lemon curd over it (stir it well first). Sandwich the two cakes together and spread the rest of the soft cheese mixture on top. Decorate with lemon slices.
|I used the lemon curd that oozed out when I cut it as a drizzle for the top! YUMMMMMM ❤|
Recipe - WeightWatchers eSource
Photos - my own