1 tin chopped Tomatoes, 400g
1.25kg Butternut Squash, peeled and deseeded
2 Large Red Onions
1 Medium Red Pepper, deseeded
1 Stick Celery
1 Carrot, peeled
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Red Chilli, deseeded
- Preheat the oven to 190ºc, gas mark 5.
- Cut the squash, onion, pepper, celery and carrot into chunks, and finely dice the garlic and chilli.
- Bung all the vegetables into a large roasting tin. Season generously with salt and toss together.
- Put in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, turning the vegetables every 15 minutes or so.
- Add the tomatoes and ladle the vegetables into a food processor with 500ml of boiling water and blitz until smooth (do this in batches if necessary).
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a large deep saucepan, pressing down with a ladle to squash the vegetable purée through the mesh
- Add another 500ml of boiling water to the smooth soup. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste and ladle into warmed bowls to serve.
|Nom Nom Nom|
*Recipe - Weight Watchers own*
*Photo - my own*