|Recipe - WeightWatchers eSource|
Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled (Fry Light)
200g Self Raising Flour
¼tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
75g Butter (I used Lurpak Lighter)
75g Caster Sugar
1tbsp Honey (optional), or an extra tbsp sugar
2 medium Eggs, beaten
2 medium Bananas, ripe mashed
100g sultanas (optional, but costs an extra PP per slice!)
• Spray a 450g loaf tin with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180ºc/350ºF.
• Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda together.
• Cream the butter and sugar together (and the honey, if using) until light and fluffy.
• Add the eggs gradually, beating the whole time.
• Stir in the flour gently but do not beat the mixture any more.
• Stir in the mashed bananas (and the sultanas, if using). Spoon into the tin and bake for about 1 hour or until just firm.
• Turn out and cool on a rack.
Note : Ripe bananas are best for this recipe as they have a natural sweetness and mash easily.